Monday 7 September 2009

Money, money, money

I'm always amazed by how much I spend when I'm not working - and introducing my mother to Ebay probably hasn't helped much either. But at least some of my expenditure has been essential if more than a bit expensive - the dentist because I lost part of a filling, and the opticians because I can't see as well as I should.

But having spare time means I can also spend time doing other money-related things so I've also been filling in my tax form, which happily has resulted in a rebate from the tax man which even more surprisingly took relatively little time to come through. I've also started selling one or two things on Ebay. I don't think I'm going to make up anything like what I'm losing by not working for the next 3-4 months (and in fact they may not sell) but, as the adverts have it "Every little helps"!

I've also been catching up with people, including a college friend I hadn't seen for nearly 20 years, walking, sorting stuff out and generally doing everything apart from what I should be doing - getting ready for going to Nepal. But then I never generally pack until the day before I go, so why change the habits of a lifetime?

The weather has also turned nice now, which is just what you'd expect now that all the schools have gone back. So I'll have some time to enjoy that too which will make a change.

Better go and find my sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment